If you are thinking about building a new pool in Tampa or renovating an existing pool, you want to know about latest features and designs for 2019 Tampa swimming pools. Technology has made swimming pools even more fun, exciting, and easier to maintain. Here are
7 Trends in Swimming Pool Technology in 2019
1) Media integration. We no longer think about just the swimming pool, we think about swimming pools in the bigger context of an outdoor living space, which can include an outdoor kitchen, fireplace, bar, and seating areas. What do you want to do in your outdoor living space? Perhaps the answer to this may include watching games or movies from a seating area or even while in the pool. Perhaps you'd like to listen to music throughout your outdoor living space.
2) Lighting, fire and water features. We've written about lighting, fire, and water features in several other articles, so we won't go into depth about them here, but some cutting edge features available now that weren't available in year's past like multi-colored LED lights, programmable sequencing and more.
3) Custom pool shapes. Pool shapes have evolved a lot over the years. Today, pools can be built any size or shape you want. Want to be able to swim laps? Your pool can be designed to be longer and narrower. Want to be able to play basketball or volleyball in your pool? No problem. Want your pool to in the shape of a fish, a guitar, or the State of Texas? It can be done.
4) Splash decks. A splash deck is a shallow area of the pool, usually only a few inches deep. Sometimes it slopes gradually to the pool deck giving it a beach-like appearance. Splash decks are great for families with young children. They're nice for suntanning since you can put pool chairs on them. Or if you'd prefer to stay out of the sun, a removable umbrella can be built into them. They can also be made handicap-accessible.
5) Infinity pools. One of the coolest looking new pool features is the "infinity pool" where it appears as though the pool has no edge. This effect is achieved by creating a spill-over where the water flows over that side of the pool to drainage area and circulated back into the pool. When there's a beautiful view beyond the pool, this creates an amazing effect.
6) Automation. In 2019, a lot of a pool maintenance can be automated. Forget about manually testing chlorine levels and manually adding chlorine. Today you can maintain consistent chlorine levels with an automated salt system. You can keep your pool clean with an automated vacuuming system. And of course, pumps, lighting and water features can all be set to turn on and off by timers.
7) Remote control. While automation of many pool features is great, some features it's nice to to be able to control in an easy, convenient way. In 2019, many pool features can be control remotely with an app. In the past, if a person wanted to relax in their hot tub, they had to go outside and turn it on an then wait for it heat up. Today you can add an app to your phone or table that allows you to turn your hot tub as you're leaving the office so it's all heated up by the time you get home.
If you are interested in a 2019 Tampa swimming pool, contact us at Grand Vista Pools today!