Most Tampa swimming pools are designed for how they will look and function during the day. But in the Tampa Bay area, many people enjoy using their swimming pools and the area around them in the evening, whether it’s an night swim in the pool or an outdoor party around it.
How to Design Your Pool for Evening
1) Basic lighting. Obviously, it's important to have adequate lighting all around your pool and outdoor living space for safety reasons. You and your guests won't feel comfortable or be able to relax and enjoy the evening unless the area is well lit.
2) Safety lighting. Beyond the standard outdoor lighting, if your outdoor living space has any steps, planters or other features that people could trip over, it's strongly advised that small safety lights be installed to illuminate those potential hazards.
3) Mood lighting. Taking things to another level, colored lights and lighting features in the pool and any fountains can really make a pool look amazing at night.
4) Security fence. Would you like to host non-swimming, outdoor parties? Do you, your family or friends have young children? A security fence that will prevent young children from accidentally falling into the pool is strongly recommended.
5) Fire features. Fire features like fireplaces, fire pits and decorate fire bowls can add a big wow-factor to your outdoor events. They can also add warmth if you host holiday parties or other outdoor events in the cooler, winter months. Take a look at our fire features gallery to get ideas for your pool.
If you are interested in building a new Tampa swimming pool or refurbishing an existing pool, contact us at Grand Vista Pools. We can build you a pool that is stunning at night or during the day.